Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Emotions

Are my emotions telling me to eat? Is stress at the heart of the problem? Stress from a unresolved past, or future uncertainty?

Physiologically, emotions are themselves electrical, chemical and hormonal discharges of the human nervous system. Initiation and transport and reduction of signals. There is a great deal of room for error there.

Satiation comes and goes, it is not consistent. Add just a bit of sugar or something that  becomes sugar, and regardless of the size of the meal, in two hours, I am ready to eat again. Hyperinsulinemia, no doubt. But are emotions driving it, or physiology? I do like food, especially good tasting foods. Poisons, I say now.

No comments :

Post a Comment

please feel fee to comment. Links to other websites are not accepted. Links to related articles are. Negative comments will be delegated with the second finger.