Thursday, February 9, 2012

sleep notes

http://www.drbriffa.com/2012/02/10/can-lack-of-sleep-contribute-to-obesit


sleep deprivation has been found to boost levels of the hormone ghrelin – a hormone that stimulates appetite.

Sleep deprivation can also lower levels of the hormone leptin.   Leptin not only suppresses appetite, but also speeds the metabolism. 

Leptin is the efficiency control hormone. High leptin, lower efficiency.

I know I eat more when I am tired, now some one has stated why.

It is my opinion that these are minor effects. My fundamental cause of overeating is some kind of food, see, know it is there,-eat - imprint,  or other non hunger related cause. Hunger occasionally also comes into play.

No comments :

Post a Comment

please feel fee to comment. Links to other websites are not accepted. Links to related articles are. Negative comments will be delegated with the second finger.