Friday, November 1, 2013

Separation of fuels

This is a self reminder.

If we look at the human body as a system,
it become obvious that we are a two fuel system.
When we look at satiation and satiety
 it also become obvious that the fuels should not be mixed
before they go into the body.

Kessler suggest that fat and sugar and salt
should not be mixed because they produce a
hyperpalatable mixture that screws with
the satiation and satiety signals.

Zoe Harcombe suggest we keep starch carbohydrates
 and fats separate. Maybe I should try that,
but that is what I have been doing for three days,
but not as separate meals.
That is also what I was doing when I lost
the bulk of my weight, but then I added back more fats,
because someone said fats were good
and we could not gain weight on fats. Crap.
Oh well.
This also implies that anything that is not palatable raw
may be cooked.
If is still not palatable, perhaps it is not food.
But wait; did someone not say that fire was the technological advantage that allowed us to develop big brains?

Satiation is a soft signal,
 we should stop as soon as we can,
regardless if there is more food on the plate.
Not gonna happen.
Put less on the plate, then go away.
Satiation should occur in time.

Appetite, hunger and cravings follow
what I ate yesterday, not today.
That is a twist that I still must get my head around.
That is an averaging effect for the first pass effect
(gut and liver get fed first).
They do not care if they get fat or medium starches
(0.2<cd<1.0 C/gm).

This is not Paleo, for typical paleo is high fat,
 and fats on vegetables, but who cares.

The concept of getting rid of the
 hyperpalatable foods may be the key.
Any cook can make hyperpalatable,
just add sugar, fat, salt and perhaps
flavor to any protein or starch.
AKA... processed food... but in the kitchen.

This is a set the carbohydrates and protein at the desired level,
and adjust the fat to deal with the desired weight,
while maintaining satiation, satiety,
normal to low palatable foods.
Not unpalatable.
Anyone that is unwilling to eat this way
can deal with their weight there way.
So those who are unwilling to give up chocolate,
salad dressing, butter or oils just have to suffer on there own.


2 comments :

  1. Hi Fred,

    I was surprised at how easy it was for me to give up all grains in the spring when I went primal. (a few onion rings a couple of times a month doesn't count. :) )

    Sugar and chocolate have been MUCH harder to give up. But now that I'm down to a healthy weight but still want to lose that dreaded final ten pounds, sugar and chocolate have to go. I just keep reminding myself that sugar is every bit as dastardly as grains. If a grain addict like me can drop kick grains to the curb, I ought to be able to do the same with sugar now, and will. I just never realized my sugar addiction was stronger than my love for grains!

    good post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave up the processed sugar first, or all but traces of it. (still allow a bit of ketchup, and odd fruit). Initially, I lost a great deal of weight, but gradually the grains replaced the sugar. I gave wheat up in 2008, while William Davis was still doing research. I dropped a great deal of weight, and then it started to creep back on. What now?? Becoming mostly wheat and sugar free is the best thing we can do for ourselves, without a doubt

    ReplyDelete

please feel fee to comment. Links to other websites are not accepted. Links to related articles are. Negative comments will be delegated with the second finger.