Sunday, December 22, 2013

Cues and Priming

Cues, eating cues that is, are events or happenings that cue us to desire food. Pictures of food on web sights and TV food commercials  are of the worst for me. Smell is bad for some. High aromatic editable products that I do not consider to be food, wheat products, pizzas, chocolate, are not an issue for me, but I understand for some are a major problem.

Time and location are two more cues that can be an issue. Habit, at 12 noon we eat lunch. But breakfast was late today. It does not matter, at 12 noon we have lunch. Process thinkers. You all know the type. The plan, tradition, the process controls their actions, not logic. Oh well, they happen.

Now on to priming. Priming can be seen as the effect of a taste. We want more. Appetisers. You know that part. But what about after the meal. We can still taste what ever. That also is another incident of priming. Teeth cleaning right after a meal can put an end to picking. Now if I pick, the cost has increased. Pick and I will have to go clean my teeth again. Minor arbitrary rule, but rigorous honesty forces the issue. I need to comply with this arbitrary rule. One less opportunity to eat.

Be well, breath deeply, smile easily, and enjoy what life has to offer. Daoish.

No comments :

Post a Comment

please feel fee to comment. Links to other websites are not accepted. Links to related articles are. Negative comments will be delegated with the second finger.