Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Cues and Crap

Why do so many "weight loss" blogs put food pictures or eating cues on each page?
example  http://dropitandeat.blogspot.ca/2013/11/my-struggle-with-obesity.html

They do understand how to turn people on to the desire to eat? You bet they do. So why do they do it? Evil bastards. You can't (should not) eat this and we will tempt you. Typical family where one is on a diet. Evil bastards. I grew up with an evil sister, in an evil home. What chance did I have, until I understood that they were just naturally evil.

Yoni got me to respond thus: The typical eating disorder has a psychological or philosophic (belief & values) issue of some kind. Until that problem is identified and corrected, the client will just struggle; until the problem is mostly resolved a dietitians time is mostly wasted.

It was not until I became willing to understand that I must not listen to many others who are pushing consumption of evil food products, sugar, processed carbohydrates, oils, trans-fats, and the like I came to a place that I could get near normal. It is likewise that I learned to filter the bull-shit received from PHD's and doctors. The only diet that is useful is the one I can stay on. I need fats, real meats, and the like. End of.

And now the crab: http://theweek.com/article/index/253574/peta-is-now-fat-shaming-women-into-vegan-diets
The first step in recover is to stop reading in something that is not there. The second step is to get a life. Peta is a group of idiots who put their emotional driven views above human health with their no meat stance. No human population lived naturally with no meat.

Then, no shit Sheerluck. http://www.drsharma.ca/our-brains-like-sugar-more-than-fat.html We like sugar more than satiation, or satiety, also. Let me see S. Yokum, is he not one of Kesslers disciples. More fat and sugar chocolate milkshakes. Hyperpalatable foods.  

Then there is the issue that language is such a dull, blunt way of communication, but it is the best we have. Nobody listens anymore to much. Too much stimulus. We need physical work, and much of the problem would go away. But what do I know. Breath, smile, and enjoy what life has to offer. Ignore the remainder. Dao.


No comments :

Post a Comment

please feel fee to comment. Links to other websites are not accepted. Links to related articles are. Negative comments will be delegated with the second finger.