Monday, February 22, 2016

The process

I have struggled with cravings all my life, and various people have given me bits of guidance, which never helped. One day I realized that there is one more problem, and I will call that psychological cravings. 
A search of the web shows lots of chat about this problem, more or less, assuming it is the same problem but little on overcoming this issue. There is a lot of advise that does not work for me, so does this mean I have a different problem or the advise does not work.
Then I went exploring the cause of cravings, and well the Buddhist have a fix, but it takes some mind work. So will that work?
Short term, it does have an effect.

We cannot treat something that we do not understand.

So I put together bit of a table about this whole overeating/addiction issue and realized that if there are psychological/mental driven cravings, these too are separate and need to be address.

But what do I know?




Causal groups of overeating

Development
Recovery
Social / family overfeeding /Sugar overload
1
1
Physical Cravings, Insulin resistance induced cellular hunger
2
2
Emotional / Psychological distress
3
3
Development / Learning of Maladaptive Eating Behaviors
4
4
Psychological Cravings
5
5
Belief System / Philosophy
6
4
Environmental
7
6
Chemical Dependence
8
2
Food Knowledge / Exercise correction/ learning proper eating habits 301/

1
Emotional Coping Methods

3
Philosophical correction

4
Recovery from Psychological Cravings

5 or 1



No comments :

Post a Comment

please feel fee to comment. Links to other websites are not accepted. Links to related articles are. Negative comments will be delegated with the second finger.